Wednesday, December 31, 2008

my first mini portfolio


photo by cuong aka buzz

i was lucky to have this privilege to photograph the portrait of "mother & son" with their enthusiasm & bonds. it is for my future portfolio to collect my artwork. i shoot my sony a900 with carl zeiss 85 mm f/1.4 lens.

one good friend of mine is photographer, who gave me the tip about having any contact between cheek to cheek is risk for me to photo. i tried to seek capturing their bonds by putting them in contact. i never notice until tim pointed out my first top photo as little sign of warning.

funny, no one from sony forum has warned me about the thumbnail rule. to be honest, top first one is my first choice cuz i like the natural of her hair fell and contact. i perhaps can do better next time by capturing them at 1/4" gap between their cheek & cheek in time before they made contact in their cheeks.

many thanks to tim for tip so i can learn a thing or two, wait a minute, i lied. i do learn a lot things from him anyway.

No comments: