Sunday, February 10, 2008

my first time deaf blog! me? who? um...

photo by cuong aka buzz

this is my first deaf blog. me? who? please hold your pant. let the pictures tell you the story first why they are priceless to me.

they both were connected to the part of my life at the courage north camp for the deaf campers in minnesota when i was craft/art director. i did take some photographs of deaf campers in 20 years ago.

last december at the private x-mas party, one guy dressed cool like a dude with expensive digital camera. he claimed that he knew me by recognizing my first name. i could not recognize him but i did guess that had something to do with the courage north camp. it was difficult for me to remember many deaf campers when most of them remember me. sue me, i am old fart and human being. omg, it was last time i saw him at courage north camp was 20 years ago! guess who? it was tim kettering who did win the best photo blog of deafread in 2006. check out his cool photography.

last summer at my friend's wedding in washington, i met a guy at the breakfast place in our hotel. we did introduce to each other. he remembered me first. omg, it was last time i saw him at our college at rit in new york was 10 years ago. plus he was a cute deaf camper when i was craft/art director at the courage north camp in 20 years ago again. guess who? tayler mayer founded the deafread!

now you can see why my pictures of tim's portrait and tayler's portrait are priceless to me because they both have inspired me how they have contributed to the deaf community more than you think. when i was leader in their eyes at courage north with full positive vibe and good time there.

two years ago, i had a bike accident and end up to stay at the hospital for 41 days. my wife and i did file a complaint against our hospital due to their lack of management to provide the interpreter to our needs. i become in pensive mood.

in mystery way, i thank to tim and tayler among other deaf campers who made me a great person to love our deaf community more. tim brought me back to enjoy the photograph as my hobby. tayler's deafread is great place for me to start my blog and will do vlog soon. the photography and vlog/blog both perhaps heal my sad and happy together to “living a life to its fullest my life” out of the deaf community. it is not about hearing wannabe but i only desire the wisdom to identify myself as true deaf.

buzz

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. What a touching first blog. Many thanks for making my day! :)(Please keep writing, I enjoy reading what you have to say).

Carrie Gellibrand

cuong aka buzz said...

carrie,

thank for kind words! writing is not my strong suit. how about asl vlog? smile.

thank for reading and posting comment.

cuong

Tim Kettering said...

dont worry about your writing. i can clearly see that you have your mind in the right place, and your enthusasism and energy is all that counts! :)

Karen Mayes said...

I enjoyed reading your blog... you have an unique writing talent, which makes you stand out. Don't apologize for your writing ;o)

Alicia said...

Those are beautiful photos. Let me guess - #1 is Tayler, and #2-4 is Tim? I agree, keep writing, you have a lot of valuable experiences to share.

cuong aka buzz said...

hi alicia,

to answer your question.
#1 & #3 is tim.
#2 & #4 is tayler.
you are only one person to mention about my photos instead of my writing. lol!

i am surprised that karen mayes mentioned my deafbuzz blog among other blogs at her link.

buzz

Alicia said...

Funny, at first I guessed #1 and #3 were Tim because of the same shirt, but then I noticed the hair in #1 looked a lot longer and darker than #3 so I second-guessed myself. Different years maybe, or a haircut during camp? :)

cuong aka buzz said...

lol, it was different years. maybe his favor "blanket" one instead of his shirt? just kidding.

buzz

Don P said...

Cuong-

Its an awesome blog website! I recall the two campers from Courage North in 1980s!! I can hardly believe how fast time flies. I will not probably recongized to Tim and Tayler if I met them in person. Im glad we shared our old memories and to talk about the good times we had at Courage North.